A new update for the PC version of Prey is now live. This new update fixes some nasty game breaking bugs.
The biggest fix this patch brings is a fix to a rather nasty issue that causes save games to become corrupt and unusable. Besides fixing the issue so that it doesn’t happen again, the update also restores any save file that was corrupted, so you don’t have to worry about playing the through the whole game again if you lost your file.
Other fixes include the player becoming stuck in certain situations, the Power Plant reboot failing, and the removal of the infinite materials exploit. The update is live now for the PC, with the Xbox One and the PlayStation 4 getting it next week. Here are the full patch notes:
- Fix to prevent Save games from becoming corrupted. Fix also returns corrupted Save games to uncorrupted state.
- Also addresses some additional crashes on map loads.
- Hacking during the Power Plant reboot no longer causes the reboot to fail to complete.
- Fix to prevent the Player from becoming stuck in certain circumstances.
- Nightmares will now always search for the player once spawned.
- Saving and Loading PC settings will now save correctly for users with special characters in their Windows usernames.
- Numerous fixes to GLOO to prevent breaking and bypassing collision, prevent corpses from passing through walls and floors.
- Updated Recycling to prevent infinite material creation.
- Fix for occasional combat freeze when attacking Phantoms
- Kaspar’s objective indicator should no longer disappear.
- Updates to audio mix to adjust volume of music, audio logs, cutscenes.