Studio Wildcard has released their newest update for ARK: Survival Evolved on the PC. This update adds clones, UI overhauls, and sharks with laser beams attached to their foreheads. That last one I’m sure will please Doctor Evil.
Easily the biggest addition this update brings is the Cloning Chamber, which lets players make clones of their favorite creatures. There’s also a new laser-firing saddle for the Megalodon, the enhanced Auto Turret with better AI targeting, Sticky Grenades, and also overhauls the Volcano found on the map, among other things.
Ark: Survival Evolved is available now for the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. Here’s the full list of new features:
- Structure: Tek Cloning Chamber – Spend some shards, get a clone, with the level, appearance and stats, of your favorite creatures
- Structure: Tek Megalodon Saddle – Mount up! Now your prehistoric shark has a laser-firing saddle!
- Structure: Tek Turret – An enhanced Auto Turret with more damage and a better targeting AI. What more could you need?
- Weapon: Tek Grenade – Did someone say “sticky grenades”? Put ’em on your friends (or not!)
- TEK Cave & Volcano – The Volcano finally receives its long overdue, scorching redesign – and now leads to the entrance to the TEK Cave.
- “Ascension” Game Progression
- More UI overhauls
- New Hairstyle and Facial Hair
- Approximately 20+ New Explorer Notes
- 15 new music tracks, per-biome and situational
- Full console-style gamepad functionality (i.e. same as console versions)
- Alpha Megalodon and APEX Loot for all Alpha creatures