The new fall series “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” is hitting its stride and, with three episodes under their belts, ABC has picked up the entire 22 episode season. The fans in attendance got to view the upcoming episode for Tuesday, “Eye Spy”, and participated in a Q&A panel.
Episode 4 “Eye Spy” Plot:
Akela Amador (Pascale Armand), Coulsen’s former protege, steals $30 million in diamonds. S.H.I.E.L.D. investigates, and learns that Amador is being controlled by a cybernetic eyeball.
Here are a few highlights from the “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Q&A:
- Executive producer Jeph Loeb confirms that more backstory and character arcs more as the series evolves.
- To the question of whether any of the SHIELD team will make appearances in the upcoming Marvel films, Loeb replied “Wouldn’t that be great?”
- More crossovers are a possiblity (cites Maria Hill and Agent Blake prior cameos as an example of what to expect) “If someone wants to come play, we’re more than happy to make that happen.”
- Iain De Caestecker is extremely interesting in Fitz getting a monkey for an assistant.
- Who are the cast members’ favorite superheroes? Henstridge likes Loki, and wants to give him a hug, while De Caestecker prefers the Hulk.
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. comic is a possibility.
You can check out our recaps on the season’s episodes thus far as well as the sneak peeks. “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D” shows Tuesday nights at 8pm on ABC.