Studio Wildcard has just released a major update for the Xbox One version of ARK: Survival Evolved! The recent update includes three new creatures, Extinction Event servers, and much more more.
Some of the highlights of the update include the introduction of the Woolly Rhino, Dunkleosteus, and Eurypterid, as well as new Cave-Dungeons for the recently added Snow and Swamp Biomes. Studio Wildcard as made a statement regarding the new update stating “The Extinction Event official servers launching today will reset after each month, with an in-game countdown and dramatic meteor impact to signal the end,” the developer explains. “These time-limited servers are a great way for new players to start on a level playing field and a challenging gameplay choice for those who want to see how far they can progress before the end of days! Participants will earn badges to mark their accomplishment.”
Below includes a list of all the new features included in the update:
- All PC content and fixes through PC v238 including new Cave-Dungeons for Snow and Swamp Biomes, new creatures: Woolly Rhino, Eurypterid, Dunkleosteus, etc.
- All-New “Extinction Event” Servers, which reset after each month, with an in-game countdown! (these are additional brand NEW servers, not existing servers)
- Improved game frame rate by approximately 10% (rendering & cpu)
- Fixed Bug: Focus is now NOT on the Leave Tribe button when opening the Tribe Menu. Also added a Leave Tribe confirmation dialog
- If you get stuck underground, you now teleport back above ground
- Mammoth colorization fixed
- Timer values that were resetting to 0 on “Reset Options” now reset to their correct value
- Server administrators can now specify a list of administrator users to have access to the full set of administrator (console) commands, as on PC. Singleplayer/Non-Dedicated hosts always have this option. If you have administrator access, all PC console commands can now be inputted at the Pause Menu
- Server Options now have edit boxes for inputting direct arbitrary values
- Spyglass now works properly in splitscreen
ARK: Survival Evolved is now available for the PC and Xbox One via Steam Early Access and Xbox Live Preview Program respectively, with a PlayStation 4 version also in the works.
Written By Guest Contributor Taylor Lyles